Billy Yout Excellence in Leadership Award ($1,000)
In order to be considered for this scholarship award a Law Enforcement Explorer must be selected to attend the biennial National Law Enforcement Exploring Leadership Academy sponsored by the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration. This award honors the memory of DEA Supervisory Special Agent Billy Yout and is funded by the William H. Yout Foundation
Military Police Regimental Association Scholarship ($500)
This scholarship is a restricted fund for the operating budget of the National Law Enforcement Explorer Youth Representative.
Law Enforcement National Youth Representative Award
Special Awards & Recognition
- William H. Spurgeon III Award [PDF]
- The William H. Spurgeon III Award is the highest recognition for individuals and organizations contributing significant leadership to the Exploring program.
- Leadership Award [PDF]
- The Learning for Life Leadership Award is a distinguished award for Explorers, high school Learning for Life program participants, and adult volunteer leaders who have given exceptional leadership in Exploring or Learning for Life programs. The Leadership Award is available annually to all Explorer posts and Learning for Life high school groups.
- Career Achievement Awards [PDF]
- Explorers can earn a Career Achievement Award in one or all 12 career fields. To earn a Career Achievement Award, the candidate must provide 50 hours of community service and complete any nine career achievements as outlined in the attached PDF file. The Explorer post Advisor certifies that each Explorer has satisfactorily performed 50 hours of community service and verifies that each candidate has completed at least nine achievements within the career field.