SPECIAL AWARDS & RECOGNITIONS
- Career Achievement Awards
- Explorers can earn a Career Achievement Award in one or all 12 career fields. To earn a Career Achievement Award, the candidate must provide 50 hours of community service and complete any nine career achievements as outlined in the attached PDF file. The Explorer post Advisor certifies that each Explorer has satisfactorily performed 50 hours of community service and verifies that each candidate has completed at least nine achievements within the career field.
- Congressional Award
- An adult leader supports Explorers in setting challenging but achievable goals in four program areas. Once an Explorer has achieved his or her goals, they should submit the form (click the link above). The Explorer will receive a recognition from their local member of Congress.
- Journey to Excellence
- JTE is a performance recognition program designed to encourage and reward success and measure the performance of our Explorer posts, clubs and local Exploring offices. It is meant to encourage excellence in providing a quality program at all levels of Learning for Life.
- Leadership Award
- The Learning for Life Leadership Award is a distinguished award for Explorers, high school Learning for Life program participants, and adult volunteer leaders who have given exceptional leadership in Exploring or Learning for Life programs. The Leadership Award is available annually to all Explorer posts and Learning for Life high school groups.
- Learning for Life National Board Foundation Society Award
- Recognition for individuals that contribute a minimum of $1,000 to the Learning for Life program to help provide scholarships, service grants to schools, and career networking in the Exploring program. Contributors will receive a certificate and lapel pin.
- Lifesaving / Meritorious Award
- Recognition may be given to a youth member or adult leader of Learning for Life for lifesaving or actions of noteworthy recognition when evidence is presented to National Office of Learning for Life.
- President’s Volunteer Service Award
- In recognition of these outstanding achievements, Learning for Life is proud to announce the availability of the President’s Volunteer Service Award, a prestigious national honor offered in recognition of volunteer commitment. Established in 2003, this Award is given by the President of the United States and honors individuals, families and groups who have demonstrated a sustained commitment to volunteer service over the course of 12 months.
- William H. Spurgeon III Award
- The William H. Spurgeon III Award is the highest recognition for individuals and organizations contributing significant leadership to the Exploring program.
Looking for scholarships?