FIRE & EMERGENCY SERVICES
Fire & EMS Career Exploring is open to young men and women from the 6th grade to 20 years old with an interest in learning more about careers in the field of fire or emergency services.
Fire & EMS Exploring is a hands-on program that exposes young people to fire and emergency services. It offers fire and emergency experiences, as a possible career choice.
The most popular Fire & EMS Exploring careers include:
- Fire fighter
- Emergency services coordinator
- Shelter manager
Career Exploring combines some classroom training with hands-on lessons. You get to experience firsthand what it’s like to be a fire fighter, emergency services coordinator or paramedic.
You will learn
- First aid
- Fire safety
- Emergency medicine
- So much more
You will develop
- Emergency management skills
- Physical fitness
- Leadership methods
You will have an opportunity to participate in
- Local and national competitions
- Community events
- Real fire fighting scenarios in a training setting
You will have an opportunity to network with
- Fire chiefs
- Fire fighters
- Paramedics & EMTs
- Other medical staff
- Municipal emergency coordinators
You will learn about the educational requirements for a career in Fire & EMS and will receive tangible advice on steps you could take now to prepare and position yourself for a successful career in the field of fire or emergency services.
Fire & EMS Career Exploring offers the following benefits:
- Improved self-confidence
- Leadership experience and social network development
- Fun and Exciting “hands-on” career experiences
- Community service opportunities
- College & Career Readiness preparation
- Scholarship opportunities
Most fire & EMS Explorer posts meet at local fire stations or medical facilities. We take visits to fire training centers, neighboring fire & EMS facilities, professional conferences and more. We provide opportunities to participate in national events and regional training sessions.
When do Explorers meet?
Explorer posts and clubs typically meet on a monthly basis during the school year with the specifics being determined by the local adult advisors.
The Fire & EMS Career Exploring program is delivered through local participating agencies such as the city fire departments & government agencies. Programs are flexible enough to fit in with other activities during the year to meet the needs of the host organization and the youth participants.
How much does it cost?
Annual program participation is $24.
How can I join?
Participation is easy:
- Determine the career or careers in which you are interested.
- Click HERE to request information about local Career Exploring Posts in those career fields.
- The local post Advisor will then be in touch with you regarding upcoming meetings
- Attend a meeting or activity
- Fill out the Youth Participation Form and pay the Participation Fee